Monday, October 7, 2013

What I Have Learned in MANNAM Volunteer Association 01: Appreciate

In MANNAM Volunteer AssociationI learned to Appreciate others. 

I am in youth, so often I used to focus not on what I am, but on what I don't have.
However, volunteering in MANNAM made me focus on what I am, and what I have.
Meeting many elders when delivering briquettes, and radios,
I learned their philosophy and really appreciated all elders. 
They enjoyed talking about their children, and their life,
I felt they had difficulty raising children, living in poverty.
Actually, I did not thought much about my grandma and grandpa, 
even my parents' love and their struggle to live their life.

Also, I met many friends who have different backgrounds.
My friends whom I met in MANNAM, they are from all over the world,
and they make me think in different way,
they broaden my knowledge of cultures. 
I can tolerate 'difference' much more than before! 

Now, I appreciate all people whom I meet in everyday life,
and especially, the learning from volunteering in MANNAM is so valuable.

I learned to appreciate,
and now I appreciate all learning.

Thank you, MANNAM :)

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you have also had a good experience with MANNAM. Thanks for sharing what you have learned about appreciation. I imagine many of the people you work with and serve also appreciate you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day we may be old, we can not move. And as you said, try learned to appreciate others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! So glad to have a good chance to meet people and learn things! Thanks MANNAM! :)

    ReplyDelete