Monday, September 30, 2013

What I Have Learned in MANNAM Volunteer Association: Prologue


What do you know about MANNAM Volunteer Association?
Have you ever met people in MANNAM or joined its activities?
Do you know about our motto?

MANNAM Volunteer Association started in 2003, based on Ap-gu-jeong, Seoul, South Korea, and it has been growing to be one of the largest international volunteer association. I joined MANNAM at the end of 2011, in Busan. Busan branch started then. 

What is merit or attractiveness which made me and other people join and work together? There are several reasons, I summarize them into four. 

  • Love and Understanding among Members; we break down the barrier of difference. 

In MANNAM International, there are a lot of people who come from all over the world. We do communicate with each other, and different people who have different nationalities, cultures, religions, and political views. We break down the barrier among us called 'Difference' little by little. 

  • Opportunities to Volunteer; Extension of Love

There are many opportunities to volunteer in local communities in MANNAM. We visited nursing homes, orphanages, hospitals, welfare centers to help people who need help and care. Also, we held many cultural concerts or festivals for donations and we held awareness campaign for people who suffered from natural disasters. This year, MANNAM International Youth Coalition held the walk for peace on April. 
The Busan branch started '더(The) Radio Campaign' for elders who live alone, presenting them radios as their friends, and every 2nd and 4th Saturday, we are attending the Soup Kitchen.

  • Understanding Based on Learning Other Cultures

Working and volunteering together, I met many people who are different from me. First, I could not understand and had difficulty communicating with them, but in MANNAM, through many events and other cultural programs, I learned about other cultures and other people's thought. Through learning, we can understand better each other. 

  • People; you can learn many things from volunteers in MANNAM

I want to tell you what I have learned in MANNAM Volunteer Association for last two years.
I have met many nice volunteers, and the Honorary Chairman Man Hee Lee 
and the Chairwoman Nam Hee Kim are also among them. 

So, now, do you wonder the details/stories/information about MANNAM Volunteer Association? I will tell you about MANNAM A to Z! I want to write using a word which includes an alphabet character. 

I hope you not to misunderstand MANNAM, but to understand MANNAM, even though you do not like or do not want to join us. You just need to tolerate us. You do not need to love us, you do not need to accept us, you do not need to lead us, but just tolerate. 

MANNAM Volunteer Association, now this is the part of my life.  




4 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing how you will describe MANNAM with each letter of the alphabet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In MANNAM I have learnt how to live a meaningful life。

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have learnd how to love different culture through MANNAM VOLUNTEER ASSOCIATION

    ReplyDelete
  4. MANNAM is the reality of love and peace~!

    ReplyDelete